Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo-Post by Post

I just saw a FB post titled, "NaBlPoMo." (Thanks Nat.) I have missed today by 5 minutes, but WTF? I have to start somewhere. I have been alternately pondering what novel I could possibly attempt to write in one single month for NaNoWriMo and cursing the fact that I have a life. The one I would have to totally drop if I attempted to write an entire novel in a single month. So, enter Nat's post on Face Book. Blogging once a day. Now there's something that maybe, just maybe I can accomplish.

Anne Lamott is one of my favorite authors. She is truly LOL funny. You don't want to read one of her books in public. People may think you are one of the crazies. One of my favorites is Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life. She tells the story of her brother struggling to write a big report about birds. He is sitting at the kitchen table, completely overwhelmed. Her Dad pipes in with this gem of wisdom,"Just take it bird by bird."

So, off I go: post by post. Chirp, chirp.

No comments: